We're a real St, Louis florist located at:
2631 Telegraph Road St. Louis, MO 63125
Just 1/4 mile from Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery
Toll Free: 1-866-892-0089
Order online 24/7 at our Square Store
Add Delivery information to the comments section.
Always Bouquets & Pleasant Suprises
2631 Telegraph Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63125
Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery address is:
2900 Sheridan Road St. Louis, Missouri, 63125 (south Saint Louis county)
We only take pictures on orders going to a existing grave, and not to a grave site service interment being held there!
Workers at JB takes the flowers to the grave site, and not us, therefore we can't take a picture for you for a grave site service
The wreaths and crosses shown on this site are mounted to an easel when placed at Jefferson Barracks
All of the arrangement in the pictures above are made with silk flowers, Fresh flowers will vary by season and availability.
No other St. Louis florist will deliver to Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis Missouri a deluxe cemetery cone and then e-mail a picture of it
for you to download.
Specific Delivery Dates will be $5.00 extra.
Please add sales tax and delivery for all prices on this page.
Your choice of 3 delivery times:
1. First of the month
2. Middle of the month
*3. Specific Date - 5.00 extra (it will be added to your credit card charge)
*Due to high volume, holiday deliveries might be delivered before the actual holiday!
No Sunday delivery! We reserve the right to postpone or delivery earlier when
bad weather is in the forecast.
(It is too dangerous to deliver orders when the ground is wet & slippery)
Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery creates massive traffic jams that stops all traffic for hours at a time, and we reserve the right to turn around and leave!
Then at a later time, we will redeliver your order.
During the lawn mowing and ground maintenance season all floral items will be removed from graves when unsightly.
An affordable funeral Home Near JB is: Lord Funeral Home (a free casket for a service for a Veteran) Click Here to look up a grave number and section number at the Jefferson Barracks Cemetery in St. Louis, Missouri Flowers delivered in time for: Armed Forces Day Birthday Christmas Day Easter Father's Day Independence Day Memorial Day Mother's Day Veteran's Day JB Office Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Closed on Christmas and New Year's Day. Visitation Hours: The National Cemetery is open to visitors every day of the year from dawn until dusk.
GENERAL INFORMATION GRAVE LOCATION: The grave location of your loved one is furnished on the map included in the burial document folder. There is a grave locator behind the Administration Building to assist weekend visitors who may not know the location of the gravesite.
GRAVE MARKER: A temporary grave marker is used to mark the grave following the interment. A permanent grave marker will be furnished free of charge by the Government without application from the family. Every effort is made to have the grave marker delivered and set within 60 days from the day of interment.
GROUNDS MAINTENANCE: Immediately after each interment, the grave is filled and leveled. As soon as the headstone/marker is set, the site will be seeded. Until growing conditions are favorable and turf has been established, burial areas may be substandard in appearance. Because the soil continues to sink after a burial, a new grave requires repeated renovation. Matters which appear to need immediate corrective action should be brought to the attention of the Cemetery Administrator.
FLAGS: The United States flag is flown over national cemeteries every day. The flag is flown at half staff on the morning of Memorial Day and during interment services Graves are decorated with small United States flags the day before Memorial Day and are removed immediately after the holiday. Flags are not permitted on graves at any other time.
FLORAL/GROUNDS REGULATIONS Fresh cut flowers may be placed on graves at any time. Metal temporary flower containers are permitted. Artificial flowers may be placed on graves only during the period of Oct. 10 through April 15. Plantings will not be permitted on graves at any time. Potted plants will be permitted on graves only during the period 10 days before and 10 days after Easter Sunday and Memorial Day. Christmas wreaths or blankets are permitted on graves during the Christmas season commencing Dec. 1 and will be removed after Jan. 20 each year. Grave floral blankets may not exceed two by three feet in size. Floral items will be removed from graves as soon as they become withered, faded, or unsightly. During the lawn mowing and ground maintenance season all floral items will be removed from graves when unsightly. Statues, vigil lights, glass objects of any nature and any other type of commemorative items are not permitted on graves at any time. Floral items and other types of decorations will not be secured to headstones or markers. Permanent flower containers are not authorized for placement in new national cemeteries or in new sections of existing cemeteries. The national cemetery will decorate all graves prior to Memorial Day with small flags. These flags will be removed immediately after Memorial Day and are not permitted on graves at any other time. It is suggested that artificial arrangements be marked so the donor can later identify, if needed. Wind sometimes will move arrangements off of the grave sites and this will help our employees to relocate them.
Jefferson Barracks Cemetery in St. Louis Missouri flower delivery service. We deliver grave blankets,fresh and silk flower cones and crosses! We start taking orders for grave blankets on Nov.1 until we sell out! We make our own grave blankets and not purchase the ready made grave blankets made up in advance months ago, like so many other florists offer!
J B Cemetery, is an American military cemetery located in Saint Louis County, Missouri, on the Mississippi River. The cemetery was established after the American Civil War in an attempt to put together a formal network of military cemeteries. It started as the Jefferson Barracks Military Post Cemetery in 1826 and became a United States National Cemetery in 1866. The first known burial was Elizabeth Ann Lash, the infant child of an officer stationed at JB. The cemetery is currently administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs on the former site of Jefferson Barracks. The currently covers about 350 acres and the number of interments as of 2007 is approximately 160,000. The cemetery is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.
Notable interments Jack Buck, former St Louis Cardinals baseball announcer First Lieutenant Michael Joseph Blassie, previously interred as the "Vietnam unknown soldier" at the Tomb of the Unknowns, reinterred here after DNA testing positively identified his remains. Major Ralph Cheli, awarded the Medal of Honor for heroism while leading a bombing mission in World War II. Johnnie Johnson, pioneering rock music musician. As well, there are three veterans of the American Revolution buried in the Old Post Section: Private Richard Gentry, was a veteran of the Revolutionary and the Indian Wars. He was present at the surrender of Cornwallis at Yorktown. Major Russell Bissell, was a veteran of the Revolutionary and Indian Wars. Colonel Thomas Hunt, was a "Minuteman" at the Battles of Lexington and Concord, April 1775. During the revolution he was wounded at the Battle of Stony Point and Siege of Yorktown. He was also a veteran of the Indian Wars. thanks to: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jefferson_Barracks_National_Cemetery
Jefferson Barracks, one of the National Cemetery Administrations oldest interment sites, has served as a burial place soldiers from all wars. The original military post was built south of St. Louis, on the banks of the Mississippi River to replace Fort Bellefontaine. Selected for its strategic location, the post was opened in 1826. Jefferson Barracks became the army’s first permanent base west of the Mississippi River. By the 1840s, it was the largest military establishment in the US. During the Civil War, Jefferson Barracks served as a training post for the Union Army. There was also a hospital at the post for the Union army’s sick and wounded. Although Jefferson Barracks was formally established as a national cemetery in 1866, the first burial, at what is now Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery is believed to have occurred the year after the post’s founding. On that date, Elizabeth Ann Lash, the infant daughter of an officer stationed at Jefferson Barracks was interred at the post cemetery. The Civil War initiated the beginnings of a formal network of military cemeteries. The first general U.S. cemetery legislation was an omnibus bill enacted July 17, 1862, authorizing President Lincoln to purchase cemetery grounds, and cause them to be securely enclosed, to be used as a national cemetery for the soldiers who shall have died in the service of the country.” By the end of the year, the first 14 national cemeteries were created. Jefferson Barracks was formally established as a national cemetery in 1866 by passage of a joint resolution authorizing the Secretary of War to take action to preserve graves from desecration and secure suitable burial-places in which they may be properly interred….”
The old cemetery contains approximately 20,000 grave sites, including more than 1,000 Confederate dead. During this era, Union dead were interred in sections by state, as far as that could be determined, including: 7,536 Whites, 1,067 African Americans, 1,010 Confederate POWs, and 556 “not of military service.” Within the original cemetery tract, Sections 5 through 53 were laid out; the sections currently numbered 54-66, and 88, contain older burials but are irregularly numbered because the ponds, sink holes and administrative open space was converted to burial areas. In 1870, the cemetery “quadrangle” at Jefferson Barracks measured approximately 750’ x 1,230’, and was surrounded by a standardized wooden picket fence “recently whitewashed.” Within two years this fence was replaced by a stonewall 4,269 feet long and 1’-6” wide. A 16’-wide drive lined the interior of the wall, and crossed through the cemetery delineating large sections; narrower 10’ wide paths further subdivided the grounds. “These drives and paths are covered with coarse broken stone, and, being but little used, are very uncomfortable to drive or walk over.” The major interior paths had brick gutters and were lined with dense rows of the same types of trees. In addition, there were eight painted artillery guns, “planted vertically, as monuments” throughout the cemetery. In August 1871, it was reported that more than $142,287 had been spent developing and maintaining the cemetery to date. The next year Jefferson Barracks was categorized as a “First Class” cemetery, an Army designation based on “the extent and importance” of the facilities, which also determined the superintendent’s salary of $75 per month. In 1875, the first enlargement of the cemetery took place. During the early 1880s cast-metal tablets containing verse, “The Gettysburg Address” the War Department’s General Orders No. 80, and text of the 1867 Act to establish and protect national cemeteries. As space within the enclosure walls became limited, an expansion that would more than double the size of the cemetery was underway by the early 1890s. The original entrance with its “double iron gates hung on handsome piers of rough dressed limestone” and the old administration building/lodge were located on the north side of the existing cemetery. The landscape in some areas of JB was one of the most contentious. Behind this building there were: …two deep depressions in the ground, similar to the “sink-holes” in limestone formations, each having in its bottom a small pond; one has been enlarged and surrounded by a stone wall, making a miniature lake; the other is in its natural state. The ponds have subterranean communications with each other and with the Mississippi, and are affected by the rise and fall of water in that river, but are never dry. The superintendent’s personal domain included a grape arbor, privy and cistern, as well as evergreen trees and shaped planting beds of flowers and vegetables. By 1893 the approach to the entrance was established via a gravel road flanked by deciduous trees and “plank fences.” Already there were a fountain, two sheds, two stables, a two-room cottage for seasonal laborers, and a rectangular rostrum (1872) located on the expanded property. In 1922 an Executive Order assigned 170 acres of military reservation to the Veterans Bureau (now Department of Veterans Affairs). In July 1936, the War Department formally named Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery as a component of Jefferson Barracks, along with similar designations of military reservations at instillations including those named in honor of persons, target ranges and national cemeteries. Gradually the importance of the post lessened and Jefferson Barracks was deactivated in 1946. Expansion of the cemetery, however, was granted by 1947 legislation authorizing the Secretary of War to “utilize and expand existing facilities” at JB “when practicable, through the use of federally owned lands under the jurisdiction of the War Department” that were no longer needed for military purposes. World War II casualties introduced a new focus to the cemetery as the central repository for group interments resulting from national disasters, when individual remains cannot be identified. Among the more than 560 group burials—meaning two or more veterans in a common grave—are 123 victims of a 1944 Japanese massacre of POWs in the Philippines, and the remains of 41 unidentified marines who perished in a South Vietnam helicopter crash in 1968. Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.